OS: Android 2.1 or higher
Type: Freeware (no ads)
Scientific Calculator 3 is an easy to use universal scientific calculator app for Android smartphones, tablets or other
Android touchscreen devices. It evaluates basic mathematical as well as nested scientific expressions under consideration
of the algebraic convention "brackets before power before point before line calculation". The rounding of results
adjustable between 5 and 15 digits. Available notations are normal notation (NORMal), scientific notation
and engineering notation (ENGineering). Trigonometric calculations optionally in Degrees (DEG: 1°=PI/180)
or Radians (RAD: 1rad=180°/PI).
Scientific Calculator 3 provides a large history display, where all inputs and results can be checked easily. This calculation history is kept until explicit deletion.
Functions on main display:
- calc operators: + - × ÷
- parentheses: ( )
- square root and power of 2: sqrt, x²
- permutation: n! (in landscape format only or on tablets)
- reciprocal: 1/x
- percentage: %
- algebraic sign: ±
- memory read, save, plus: MR, MS, M+
- exponent: Exp (optional)
Functions via "sci"-Button or on large displays:
- power operator: ^, 2^, e^, 10^
- square and cube root: sqrt, cbrt
- natural logarithm and logarithms of 10: ln, lg
- constants: pi, 2pi, e, 1/e,
- trigonometric, inverse trigonometric and hyperbolic functions: sin, asin, sinh, asinh, cos..., tan...
Further features planned:
- copy/paste to copy results to other apps
- more (or possibly exchangeable) buttons: M-, C...
Download / Install
*To allow the download and installation of Android applications from the internet, you need to enable the option "Unknown
sources / Allow installation of non-
Notice / Help
2. We test our applications very carefully before we release them. However, if you find a problem please help us solving it and send us an error report.
- Long touch invokes the setup/options menu (for devices without menu button).
- No retarding splash screen anymore during application launch.
- New feature added: copy to clipboard and paste from clipboard.
- Splitting NORMal notation in NORM-1 (till 18-digit: normal notation, greater than 18-digit: scientific notation) and NORM-2 (till 7-digit: normal notation, greater than 7-digit: scientific notation).
- 5 more translations added: French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish.
- Bugfix: Improving button response for a few devices with button click problems (Android 4.3).
- Bugfix: right parenthesis could not be included behind the percent sign.
- Optional notations added: normal notation (NORM), scientific notation (SCI) and engineering notation (ENG).
- Optional exponent button (Exp) added.
- Bugfix: "sci"-window in reverse portrait mode was upside down.
- Bugfix for V1.4: in "sci"-window (portrait mode only) the buttons "2^" and "^2" were interchanged.
- GUI improvements for Amazon eBook reader Kindle Fire HD 7" und 8.9".
- New improved landscape layout with all available functions.
- New fullscrean history display (on click).
- Graphical user interface improved for Android Tablets.
- "M+" additions: All values added with "M+" are listed in the history display.
- Graphical user interface improved for Amazon Kindle Fire and similar Android devices.
- Two new button styles added: "litegrey" and "black". When selecting "black" the background image will be dimmed automatically.
- Rounding of results (significant digits) configurable from 5 to 16 digits.
- To avoid misinterpretation of calculations with multiparted operands 1/x, 2pi and 1/e, those operands are set in parenthesis, for instance: "1 ÷ (1/2) = 2" instead of "1 ÷ 1/2 = 0.5". The different results are caused by a different calculation order.
- Support of trigonometric calculations in "DEG" (degree).
- Better support of Android smartphones with very hight display density (Galaxy Nexus).
- Support of Android devices with trackballs or directional pads.
- first release