Alarm Clock 3
OS: Android 2.1 - 4.4
type: Freeware (no ads)
- Alarm Clock 3 is an easy to use and reliable Music Alarm Clock.
- Alarm Clock 3 provides 3 customizable alarms and wakes you up optionally with alarms or ring tones of your phone or with music of your own music collection.
- All basic alarm settings are easily accessible with a single screen touch.
- Alarm Clock 3 does not require any internet access, is free of advertising and will remain so in the future!
Example: First you might be wakened by gentle classical music or birdsong. Then the second alarm wakes you up to your favourite music at medium volume. At the end the third alarm throws you out of bed by a nasty and noisy ring tone and additional vibration.
Alarm Clock 3 V2.3 features:
For each of the three alarms you can independently configure the:
- alarm time
- music title, alarm tone or ring tone, supported music file types: *.mp3, *.ogg, *.wma, *.aac, *.m4a, *.wav, *.3gp, *.3gpp
- loudness / sound volume with fade in and fade out
- phone vibration
- alarm duration: one title or 1-20 min
- alarm repetition: run the alarm just ones or repeat it every day or repeat it on single or multiple weekdays
- enable snooze and set snooze delay: 3-60min
- auto snooze (reasonable for very short music tracks or alarm tones, e.g. with enabling auto-
snooze you might let the cock crowing every 5 or 10 minutes in the morning).
- easy testing of audio setting
Further apps preferences:
- Switch-off alarms or snooze optionally by double click, by long touch (>500ms) or double long touch (to prevent accidental switch-
- The background of Alarm Clock 3 is dimmable from translucent to completely black.
- The analogue clock can be disabled.
- Additional timer setup menu which pops up instead of the alarm time setup menu after long pressing the alarm time button. These timers setup can only be used when the daily or weekly alarm repetition is disabled (setting "Do not repeat alarm" in alarm preferences).
Features planned for Alarm Clock 3 pro/+:
more than 3 alarms random playback and play lists more options to turn alarms off
Download / Install
*To allow the download and installation of Android applications from the internet, you need to enable the option "Unknown sources / Allow installation of non-
Third Party Software
This Software (Alarm Clock 3) may utilize the following copyrighted Software, the use of which is hereby acknowledged:
- aFileChooser: Copyright (C) 2011 - 2013 Paul Burke.
- FileUtils.java, MimeTypeParser.java and MimeTypes.java: Copyright (C) 2007 - 2008 OpenIntents.org
- Eula.java: Copyright (C) 2008 The Android Open Source Project
The third party software is covered by the Apache license 2.0.
Help / FAQ
1. No Alarm when the device is turned off:
Like every other Android application, Alarm Clock 3 is not able to switch on your phone. This is a limit of the hardware.
2. No Alarm when the device is in "deep sleep"-
Some devices (e.g. Archos tablets) have a deep sleep mode. Nothing will work in deep sleep, including alarms.
3. Using task killers:
Alarm Clock 3 only consumes power in case of an Alarm (media player) or when the screen is turned on. Nonetheless, if you use a task killer to bring down Alarm Clock 3 you should check your alarms afterwards. Some of the task killers are very efficient and turn off the alarm receivers of the applications as well.
4. You cannot configure music alarms?
Please click twice on the music-
5. Failures in audio files or with the MediaPlayer:
Alarm Clock 3 uses the built-
This workaround is only executed in case of an alarm. If you just test the alarm tone or music track and the MediaPlayer cannot play it, those error message is displayed immediately. In most cases there is something wrong with the audio file or the audio file has a data rates or sampling frequency which the MediaPlayer cannot cope with.
The known problems with the MediaPlayer itself can normally be fixed by the workaround automatically and you will not see any error message.
6. Further questions or issues?
We test our applications very carefully before we release them. However, if you find a problem please help us solving it and send us an error report.
- Updates for Android 5+.
- Improved aFileChooser audio file selection.
- No splash screen anymore during application launch.
- Fixing sporadic screen blocking issue on some devices.
- Updating the app to Android 4.4 KitKat.
- Re-enabling aFileChooser module which was not working anymore on all Android 4.4 devices and above.
- 5 more translations added: French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish.
- Simple Widget added which shows besides a small analogue clock the alarm times.
- Update of the aFileChooser module.
- Minor Bugfix in Snooze configuration.
- Better visibility of the full-
screen STOP/SNOOZE button.
- Two more options added for triggering the STOP/SNOOZE button.
- Preparation of the app for translations in more languages.
- Design improvements: Holo themes and action bar for Android 3 and Android 4+ enabled. Fixing design issues for large or huge system font setup.
- Bugfix for Snooze issues on some devices.
- New option introduced to toggle between headset and internal loudspeaker.
- Bugfix for Android V3.0 and up: Bringing the soft button for the options menu back which was vanished in V1.7.
- Improved and more options to choose music tracks; integration of "aFileChooser".
- More music formats supported: *.mp3, *.ogg, *.wma, *.aac, *.m4a, *.wav, *.3gp, *.3gpp
- Streamtype for loudness control changed from STREAM_MUSIC to STREAM_ALARM.
- Time Out for Auto-Snooze configurable from 1h to endless.
- Optionally deactivation of the automatic screen turn off, when the phone is supplied by an external power supply.
- Larger buttons for Android-Tablets in landscape mode.
- Bugfix: after reboot or change of time zone in snooze mode: correct recalculation of alarm times.
- Bugfix: the music chooser should work now also on Sony smartphones and Kindle Fire ebook reader.
- Improved setup menus for fade in/out, alarm and snooze duration.
- Bugfix for V1.5: Sometimes Alarms could not be turned off (on Motorola Phone 4G, Droid Razr Maxx, Kyocera Corporation Milano).
- Alarm fade in and fade out.
- Turning off Alarms: whole screen is sensitive now for the double click.
- Graphic improvements for Kindle Fire nextGen and Kindle Fire HD.
- Improved alarm time recalculation and automatically setup of active alarms after phone reboot (bugfix).
- Optionally turn off splash screen.
- Improved updating of the digital clock display.
- Performance improvements for small or overloaded devices.
- Support of Android devices with trackballs or directional pads.
- Extended Ringtone setup menu.
- Better support of music setup for Xperia mini.
- Minor bugfix: keep configuration of alarm repetition and weekdays after device restart.
- Timer/duration setup menu improved.
- Better support of screen auto rotation for some devices (e.g. Motorola Defy).
- Alarm setup for single or multiple weekdays.
- Additional timer setup menu after long pressing the alarm time button.
- Optionally disable the alarm notifications.
- App improvement/function change: Alarms kept playing even when closing the app with the Return button.
- Bug fixing for Mot Defy with V0.9.6 (sometimes alarms stopped too early).
- New setting option: hide/show analog Clock.
- Minor app improvements to avoid "Application Not Responding"-
issues on overloaded devices.
- New feature added: Dimming of Background/Wallpaper.
- Bug fix for devices which have no audio player.
- Improvement of automatic screen shut-
off after alarm or snooze finished.
- In-App link to Google Android market added.
- GUI improvements for Android tablets.
- Additional Auto-
Snooze feature implemented (automatic snooze repetition).
- Prioritization of Alarms prior Snooze (new Alarms will finish all pending Snooze-
- first release